The best starting point to any good health or fitness program is a good assessment. It allows you to view both your strengths and weaknesses in an objective fashion so that you can most efficiently reach your goals and track your progress over time.
Dr Oughtred’s annual health assessment is a combination of an executive health assessment and a high performance athlete assessement. The assessment reflects Dr Oughtred’s philosophy that the best preventive medicine is to support your health as if you were an elite athlete. You don’t have to train like an olympic athlete, but you can certainly use the same tools that athletes use so that you can lead a healthier and more successful life.
Components of the assessment include:
· Review of your current and past health concerns
· Relevant physical examination
· Orthopedic Assessment (Joint Alignment, Range of Motion, Posture, Etc)
· Fitness Assessment (Everything from grip strength and body fat to cardiorespiratory fitness and lactate threshold testing)
· Nutritional and Lifestyle Assessment
· Disease Risk Assessment (Framingham score, diet, biometrics, other)
· When indicated, referral to other health professionals, physicians, laboratories, etc.
After you have completed your assessment, you will receive a comprehensive 10-15 page booklet displaying your results (with explanations) as well as recommendations on how you can most effectively take your health to its next level. Your test results are given a rating that is based on your age and sex, and whenever possible you are also given a population based percentile ranking so you know where you stand in relation to others your age. Graphs are included so that you can appreciate changes in your health status over time, and pick up on slowly developing weaknesses before they become problems.
With the Health and Performance assessment, you get a comprehensive, holistic and science-based assessment with a focus toward to the areas of your health that can really make a difference for you - your lifestyle, your fitness, your body composition, and your nutrition.