Green Table is a business that helps restaurants adopt more environmentally friendly practices. I encourage you to visit their website to see which restaurants are participating, and support businesses that are taking the initiative to look out for everyone’s health.
Members are expected to do things like:
• Send their organic waste to compost
• Recycle paper, plastic, glass, metal as much as possible; use energy-efficient equipment and lighting
• Use water-saving equipment and fixtures; use recycled, biodegradable and non-toxic supplies
• Buy local and organic foods, sustainable seafood, etc.
• Support like-minded local suppliers and service providers working to ‘green’ their operations
Go to their website and support the businesses in your area that are trying to make a difference.